While wives need to spend time in prayer for their husbands, husbands should reciprocate the favor. As husbands, we often find ourselves so busy we neglect the important task of praying for and over our wives, asking God to bless them for the day. This habit will often lead to a little more satisfaction in your marriage and will orient you to God’s will. Following can be a prayer for your wife that was obtained from www.familylife.com.
Lord, I lift my wife to You today and pray, according to Your Word, that:
- She will know Your will for her life, pleasing You in all respects and bearing fruit in every good work (Colossians 1:9-10)
- Her physical health will be strong and her stamina high (Isaiah 40:28-31)
- You will release her from worry or guilt over things she is not responsible for or in control of (Matthew 6:25-34; Luke 12:22-32)
- Her agenda and tasks today would go smoothly and that she would accomplish much (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17; 3:1-4, 13)
- A godly mentor would come into her life (Titus 2:3-5)
- She will not gossip or keep company with those who do (Proverbs 20:19; 1 timothy 3:11)
- You will give her discernment and wisdom and protect her from those who would deceive her (1 Timothy 2:14; James 1:5-8)
Making this prayer a habit will greatly increase your spiritual life and will help you understand your responsibility as the leader of your home to love and bless. This is a tangible way to seek God’s blessing on your wife. What holds you back from blessing your wife in prayer as you arise each morning?