YOUTH & FAMILY MINISTER AD
The Lakewood Church of Christ in Baytown, Texas is looking for a Youth and Family Minister to join our ministry team. LCOC is diverse in our age groups with several young families, new Christians, an active youth group, and many other ministries. LCOC has 5 Shepherds, 5 Deacons, a Preaching Minister, and a Secretary. Our Sunday worship attendance averages 175-180. We are currently in the exciting process of replanting the congregation in one of the fastest growing areas east of Houston. Learn more about us at www.lakewoodcoc.com
The Baytown area is located just a few minutes from downtown Houston where there are countless events, places, and experiences to enjoy. Professional sports, a wonderful zoo, parks, ample hunting, fishing and other outdoor recreational activities are many of the opportunities here. Kemah boardwalk and Galveston Island are located only 45 minutes south of Baytown.
We are looking for a godly man who has a passion for reaching out to both the teens in our congregation and those in our community. While we do not expect the Youth Minister to do everything, we desire someone who will equip the teens and parents to participate in the ministry of God. The selected minister will coordinate and provide oversight of youth events, programs and activities for those in grades 6-12.
- Be responsible for the leadership and direction of the youth ministry.
- Be self-motivated and ambitious while utilizing parents and members in their ministry.
- Strive to help the youth be part of the larger congregation.
- Be a part of the larger congregation and it’s overall ministry and outreach.
- Teach and coordinate teen classes, events, retreats, camps, etc.
- Create and control expenses to the approved annual youth budget.
- Be available to preach occasionally.
- A Spirit-led individual strong in faith and commitment to the calling of Youth & Family Minister
- Strong communication, teaching and organizational skills
- At least a Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Ministry/Biblical Studies OR previous experience in full-time Youth Ministry work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a commitment to outreach and community involvement
- Song leading ability (preferred but not required)
- Married (preferred but not required)
If you’d like to join our team, please submit: a resume with 3 references, a photo, and a philosophy of youth ministry to email@example.com
A background check will be required of each candidate who is invited to the in-person interview at Lakewood.